CALLING MEN & WOMEN WHO THINK THEY'RE FUNNY OR WOULD LIKE TO BE
- TAKE ACTION NOW WITH THIS STEP-BY-STEP COURSE FULL OF FABULOUS
TRAININGS TO HELP YOU BECOME A BETTER & FUNNIER WRITER & PUBLISH MORE HILARIOUS OR HUMOR-INFUSED BOOKS!!!
PLEASE HAVE A PEEK AT THIS SHORT VIDEO TO FIND OUT MORE AND START TODAY!
CHECK OUT THE OODLES OF GOODIES THAT YOU RECEIVE IN THIS 6 WEEK INSTANT-ACCESS COURSE WITH WAY TOO MANY GOODIES TO DESCRIBE!
HERE'S THE BREAKDOWN TO MAKE YOUR STORIES FUNNIER AND MORE MARKETABLE:
Each Week You'll Head Over to the Children's Book Academy...
- Click on the Appropriate Section
- Complete the Worksheets and Assignments
- Apply the Lessons to Your New Text
- Or Insert Some Laughs into a Previous Project
- Share your work on our peer-supported Facebook group
WEEK 1: The Functions of Humor and Intro to Humor Techniques, Things Kids Find Funny, Writing Plot-Driven Stories, Anthropomorphism and Personification
• Getting to know humor, learning about the various types of humor found in children's books.
- • Learning what kids find funny when
- • Creating your story line and developing the structure of your book. What great desires do your characters have? What is their mission or purpose? What gets in the way?
- • Anthropomorphism and Personification, the all-too-funny alignment of animals or objects and humans. Allowing animals or things to walk, talk and live like people adds an extra dose of laughter to an already comical story li
WEEK 2: Fun With Fear, Dark Humor, Self-Deprecating Humor, Irony or Sarcasm
- • Fun With Fear - how kids can deal with the scary stuff in life through humor
- • The beauty of dark humor. The ghastly ghouls, gory fun stories and deathly funny books for the zombie in all of us
- • Self-deprecating humor is so bittersweet. There's something comforting about a character who struggles with the same issues as the reader. When the reader can understand what the characters are going through, then they can really dive into the text
- • Behold the power of irony and satire within this section of the program
WEEK 3: Hyperbole or Exaggeration, Contradiction, Incongruity or Surrealism
- • Learning the power of exaggeration and hyperbole. Within your text and images exaggeration creates excitement, confusion and interaction from the reader. It allows them to visually or verbally imagine a world that is essentially a dramatization of ours
- • Twists and turns and contradictions - within this section we'll focus on the silly and unexpected aspects of a story
- • Similarly, incongruity and surrealism stretch our minds past what is usually presumed as "normal". Finding the perfect harmony between chaos and clarity adds divinely delectable layers to your story line
WEEK 4: Slapstick, Gross or Potty Humor, Visual Humor
- Contrast Characters
- • Oh the time-honored "pie-in-the-face"... In this section you'll learn about slapstick & physical humor, which is great for the little guys who can't read the words just yet, but they can already understand the humor
- • Poops, farts and slimy thangs - the world of potty humor. Uncouth for adults but all too perfect for children's books. Release your restraints and get really silly - like farts in a jar silly
• Visual humor plays well into each and every one of these sections. However, here we'll focus solely on visual humor as a tool to communicate make the story even funnier and build onto the story
WEEK 5: Parody Part 1, Parody Part 2, How To Tell Jokes, Mashups
• Playful parodies - new twists on our favorite stories. These truly never get old. There is something so comforting about familiarity, even if its twisted and silly. For example, we know the big bad wolf is scary and we know that Rumpelstiltskin is a trickster, but what fun it is when those memorable characters throw us for a loop, gaining our love and adoration with a new story line
• Jokes for days. In this section you'll learn how to craft one-liners, short-stories and typical setup and punchline jokes with the tools you need to really get your juices flowing
• Mashups make mangling characters deliciously fun and multi-dimensional with surprisingly unexpected mayhem
WEEK 6: Surprise Humor, Defiant Humor, Wordplay, Spoonerisms, Malaprops, Puns, Funny Sounding Words, Idioms and More
• Surprise humor encourages the reader to predict the author's or character's next move, then - Whammo! Something totally unexpected happens instead. Whereas with defiant humor the author uses strict communication and obvious statements and images to reflect the defiant or rambunctious behavior of the subject/reader/child
• Fun with wordplay; metaphors, spoonerisms, malaprop and puns. Learn all about the many ways to make words fun and playful for your reader. There's some pun for everyone!
• Idioms are fun. You smell what I'm stepping in? A picture paints a thousand words. So, grab a cuppa joe and you're in like Flynn!
PLUS WE HAVE A BRAND-NEW EXCLUSIVE ADDITION FROM FORMER STAND UP COMEDIAN AND AWARD-WINNING AUTHOR HILLARY HOMZIE ON WRITING HUMOR FOR CHAPTER BOOKS & MIDDLE GRADE READERS THAT YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO MISS!
We know that you are busy, which is why we created this game-changing take at your own pace course
with ongoing access and re-usable materials to HELP you. As evidenced by our MANY successful students, we LOVE to help!
Now you may not believe all the wonderful things we have to say about this course, so here are some testimonials from others:
Kari Gonzalez, Mom and Humor Course Graduate
“This course is the answer to what I have been searching for in picture book humor! The content is robust, and rich with modern picture book examples of humor styles, practical application of humor techniques, and so much more. Thank you again for another fantastic course, I will be back for more!”
Tina Shepardson, Mom, Teacher & Humor Course Graduate
"This course is so full of cutting edge content, from information, to exciting interviews with authors, and techniques to strengthen our craft all with tremendous guidance...every step of the way. I have learned so much and am so grateful for the opportunity."
Anjelika Rijvers, Humor Course Graduate & Author/Illustrator at Anjelika'sArt.com
"All of Mira's courses come from the heart! She is an awe-inspiring warrior and teacher! I have taken several of Mira's classes and will be returning again to take Writing for Middle Grade as I have learned and am still learning so much - humor being one thing I had totally overlooked! Jam-packed with information and insight, Mira really gives you value for your money to hone your passion. Her love for her students and profession truly shines through."
Nicole Stremlow Monohan, Humor Course Graduate & Illustrator at Monohan Studios
“Once again your class was spot on! Your content is insightful and thorough. I have taken two of your courses and gone through several additional tutorials, never disappointed.”
Erin LeClerc, Author/Illustrator at Clear Fork Publishing, Humor Course Graduate
“Mira always creates incredible information-rich courses to add to the toolkit of any level of author - from beginners to seasoned writers! Her love for her students shines in everything she does, and everything is accessible, informative, with a good seasoning of humor.”
Sharin Shamsi, Illustrator, Barefoot Books, Humor Course Graduate
“It has been my dream to be a children’s writer, but my sense of humor (as my kids remind me regularly) is non-existent! Humor is one of the most essential ingredients in children’s literature-and in dealing with life!-so this course has been infinitely helpful in a myriad of ways. I have done many of Mira’s courses, and can honestly say Mira’s courses are what helped me on my path to publication (no doubt about it!) Many people have knowledge. There are numerous courses out there, but there is only one Mira, who shares everything one needs to become published.... If you are on the fence about signing up- believe me,..this is the best opportunity you can give yourself to make your dream a reality. You will have a whole world of opportunity open up before you."
What do you call a no-brainer that mixes side-splitting humor
with invaluable tips & tricks?
Let's Get Funny: Writing Humor for Kids!
Brought to you by the "Picture Book Whisperer" or "Fairy Godmother" herself, Dr. Mira Reisberg, Mira shares her secret sauce with Lessons and Worksheets and Handouts created from years of research into the how and why and when of getting kids to laugh! In other words, your expert guide...
Invites You to Take This Great Opportunity to Create Your Laughter Legacy
& Transform Your Writing
Register Now With This Secure One-Time Payment or Use Our Handy Payment Plan
ONLY 297 FOR THE FABULOUS EARLY BIRD SPECIAL with this link!
Early Bird Payment Plans for the Course Only Are Just 4 installments of 79.40 each!
But wait! There's The Super Deluxe Edition, which comes with A One-Hour, One-On-One IN-PERSON Critique/Training with Mira PLUS a keep forever e-book of course materials for only $597!! Click Here For the Super Deluxe Edition!
Early Bird Payment Plans for the Super Deluxe Edition Are Just 4 installments of 154.55 each!
START TODAY WITH THIS ALL ACCESS, INSTANT AWESOMENESS COURSE!
After all, why let all that silliness go to waste?